Sunday, April 15, 2007

Movie Reviews

Watched lots of movies recently but haven't had the time to write about what I felt about them. Here's a brief account.

  1. 300 : Basic purpose of this post is to bitch about this movie, so without further adieu let me unleash my . I really don't understand why this movie is running (ran) full house in most cinema halls in India. Are people so dumb or am I totally off track here ? I felt this movie if anything was totally insulting asians as a whole. It depicted asians as mutated beings while europeans as handsome hunks. It further shows asians as slaves and cynisists(is that the right spelling ?!). Also it shows asians millions of asians aren't as strong as thousands of europeans. Am I one of the few who has seen it this way ?!
  2. The Pursuit of Happiness :Now to something I liked. I felt this is the only classy movie made in recent times. What I liked most about it is it's one of the very few movies where you won't feel you're watching a movie, it's like it's real life unfolding right infront of your eyes. It's one where you feel it doesn't convey much but it'd have conveyed tons! One of the greatest movtivational movies ever made. Very good display of what courage and determination can get you. What's more ? It's based on a real life rags to riches story !
  3. Namaste london : Lets get desi. Good story, good cast but the good things end just about there. Bad direction, worse dialogues, even worse songs and there you have it Namaste London is done for . Literally. I wouldn't want to elaborate more on this . You woudn't miss anything if you haven't watched it.
  4. Perfect Stranger:Ummm. You surely won't get bored watching it. You would think you know the whole movie, but you'd be surprised at the turn it takes at the end. Hally Berry has done justice to her role and even though I don't think she's sexy , she looks kinda irresistable in the movie. A must watch for some , a so-so for most.

Let me know what you feel about my reviews :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

le pommu office alli eenu kelsa illva...
why do u look at 300 as about asians vs europeans. it is evil vs good, how few men can bring about a change..watch the movie for its direction, acting and special effects..

11:29 AM  
Blogger Pramod said...

manelidavaaga bardiddo :)

If they didn't have any political propaganda the dialogues would've been directed only at persians , not asians as a whole. It's very sublte what they convey through the movie. Anyway this's just my opinion, I could be wrong

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home